Friday 13 January 2012

If you were to write to me tonight
doubt not that I would answer,
Yes, I would reply right away.
Sure, I say it cause I know
that you won't write tonight.

My friends have left me now,
and all my house is quiet.
The winds are breathing low,
and the stars are shining bright.
The moon has now been up
for more than I can care,
and if I could look at you
no doubt I would feel weak.

I remember what I've read,
and what I made you read. It's true,
tonight melancholy has trapped me.
And I took up the book
that once I talked about,
it's entwined hopelessly now
to everything you are.

So if you had written to me tonight,
if you would have written to me last night,
doubt now I would have answered,
but maybe something in my throat
would break and leave me speechless.
Thanks whatever gods may be
that you won't write tonight,
and I pray to all my dreams
that you don't write tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment