Friday 19 July 2013

Dis-Isolation

 

A man wrote a note:

"If one person smiles at me, I won’t kill myself."

The note was found after he had plunged to his death.--

 

To think that sometimes it is so hard to smile...

How many desperate people have I passed by
that thought I was angry when actually I was about to cry?

To think that sometimes I need others,
to think we are isolated and we are not,
at the same disjointed,
at the same time connected.

To think I've been taught if I need anything
I should be ashamed of my most natural needs.

Freedom, freedom of thought, freedom of feeling.
We are not born with it, we earn it.
Freedom of action, freedom of making decisions.
We’re told to create it, and misused, we waste it.

To think I will die, to think we all will,
but who deserves to die in desperation?

Why do we leave people live in it?

No comments:

Post a Comment