Saturday 28 September 2013

Too much Black Bile

was reading a description of the Melancholic Medieval Personality Type and took some ideas…

the ways of love are stranger
than the strangest ways of God
I cannot dwell in your eyes
and I don't belong here below
earthly delights get me drunk
I just fall down, get no pleasure
earthly delights get me drunk
I ain't free from this pressure

were your lovers strong, vivacious?
did you feel your life quickening?
it affords me real relief
to confide my soul to you
but I get tired all the time
like a wound when too much blood
wants to get out of the heart
awkwardly I keep quiet always
cause I can't stop my mind

a strange longing for something
that's beyond our mortal lives
takes me away from your voice
I'm distracted by my thoughts

if only you knew that all I think about
is ways in which I could show this pain to you
tell me that you want to listen
lie to me if you must
just tell me that you're going to listen
and I swear I will not talk
words won't show myself to you

the ways of love are like those of God's
they are not the ways of human hearts

No comments:

Post a Comment