Wednesday 9 March 2011

Catching a break

Delightful romantic (I guess) music by César Franck. This piece always cheers me up, (and I really mean, always, all the time, even today that I’m in physical pain and also in some kind of despair…) in fact the whole sonata does, but specially this ending, it is at the same time happy and warm and also a little too intense, like suggesting something else, not sure what...

{Well, this recording is by Repin again, what can I say? I just admire this violinist so much, haha. I have seen a recording by Menuhin which is breath-taking of course, but I like this one better because it seems a lot more passionate... and also the energy is so well balanced that every part is clearly differentiated and has its special vibe… If that is real or not I don't know, that's just the way I feel. Yet I gotta say that I enjoy Menuhin’s performance  because I'm amazed at his flawless (and almost unattainable)  bow-technique.. :D Also, I run into an argentinian violinist’s perfomance, which though in a different style is definitely worth seeing.}

 

No comments:

Post a Comment